The objectives of the conference include:
- Support the gathering of data on potential alternatives to methyl bromide for future evaluation and prioritization.
- Enhance technology transfer processes needed to economically and commercially implement methyl bromide alternatives.
- Enhance scientific information and data exchange regarding current research on methyl bromide alternatives and emissions reduction.
- Have interdisciplinary scientific exchange on methyl bromide alternatives and related issues.
- Develop and distribute conference proceedings as an information source on state-of-the-art methyl bromide alternatives for use by Researchers, Users of Methyl Bromide, Legislators, Government Policy Officials, and all other interested parties.
- To present and discuss research results of new pest and crop management practices, used to help formulate an integrated on-farm plan and timetable to seamlessly transition agriculture to a methyl bromide alternative pest management system which minimizes pest, crop, and other potential economic impacts.
- Facilitate discussion between regulatory entities, researchers, and industry participants to identify high priority research needs, convey research results, and disseminate regulatory information.
Conference abstracts are due September 1, 2016. For more information visit https://mbao.org/conference